Zeelo to offer their technology for free to Operators to help get Coaches back on the Road
As lockdown measures begin to lift, we are entering a new phase of how we deal with COVID-19. “Post-lockdown” is where we begin to consider as a country how to reopen and function safely as a society for the foreseeable future.
We believe that the safe provision of transport is important as businesses and schools look to gradually re-open. Zeelo is providing its technology for FREE to coach operators to deliver Safe Transport to reduce the risk of infection and provide transparency and confidence during the coming months.
#KeepCommutingSafe #KeepSchoolRunsSafeAPPLY NOW
Coach Operators and Zeelo working in partnership can deliver ‘Safe Services’ by providing the following:
- Zeelo’s booking platform, operators will be able to run services that are managed per seat and bookable via the Zeelo App or website. Zeelo full E-Ticket solution will be available to manage loading capacities of services to encourage social distancing.
- Contact Tracing, all passenger ridership data is live and available to be utilised to trace infection and notify those who have been in close proximity to a case of COVID-19
- Onboard Procedures, drivers provided with PPE and hand sanitiser available onboard for all with a policy of no-contact boarding (using side/rear doors if possible)
- Vehicle signage, throughout the vehicle signage, is placed to enforce messaging about social distancing and sanitation along with physical seat blockers
- Vehicle cleaning, a deep clean before each day of operation and hard surface disinfection after each shuttle/run
During the lockdown period, we have been operating a service with Zeelo for our local Amazon Fulfillment Centre. We have been operating 2 vehicles 7 days a week throughout this, providing safe pre-booked/paid transport. This service has enabled Amazon to provide social distancing for their staff and keep their site operational.Marc Preston CFO, SBC Coaches
At Zeelo, we place a great deal of focus on developing meaningful, lasting and mutually beneficial regional relationships with Coach Operators. We know it is an incredibly hard time for the coach industry and we believe we can help to get their fleets back on the road and working.
We are offering our technology to a small number of operators during this time. We want to hear from all operators who wish to discuss working in partnership with using our technology to help to deliver current or new services
We have been working with Zeelo for a few years now running commuter and school services. We think this approach may encourage our current set of corporate contracts and schools to get back up and running to support our community get back on its feet.John Johnson, Chairman of CPT’s Coach Commission and Owner of Johnson’s Coaches
Some examples of the types of situations we may be able to help:
- Services for local businesses – these may be services that are paused or brand new for the operators. Businesses will be looking for solutions for staff travel and adding our booking technology, digital limitations to rider numbers and contact tracing may be essential to re-starting safely.
- School Services – as and when schools are allowed to re-open, our technology will provide protection to students and schools in our critical efforts in reducing the spread of Cov-19.
How to get involved:
- Apply. If you are interested in being selected to work with Zeelo during this time, please click on the apply button and fill out the required information. The deadline for submission is 15th May 2020.
- Zeelo will randomly select a small group of operators to work with and provide our technology for free.
- Operators who are not selected will be placed on a waiting list and included when possible.
- Zeelo will notify selected operators by 20th May about the next steps.
If you have any questions, please contact Luke Ryan, Head of UK Growth on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07788946181APPLY NOW